Thursday, November 14, 2013

From a Gratitude Group

The entry below is from a Gratitude Group I am a part of this month.  I decided to double up for today since I missed a couple in the past week.  I liked what I wrote and thought I'd share it with a wider group.

So I missed an entire week. Life just seems to run away with it's self sometimes. I am grateful for an amazing group of friends (in this group and beyond). Life makes sense to me only through the paths we share together. I simply cannot imagine my life without the amazing people I am blessed to call friends. A few of my friends go back as far as I have memories, others trickle in during my school days, then others college, and then many throughout my adult life. When I stop to consider the amazing group of people who I know "got my back" I am bumfuzzled by just how blessed I am.

I am not alone. I am never alone. I struggle with my belief in "the almighty" or "god" or whatever you do or do not want to call "her." But one thing I never doubt is my belief in my friends. I've heard the statement that "Faith is stepping out on nothing and landing on something." That something for me is friendship. I may not be able to answer all the questions this life throws at me. I may get knocked down and almost out by various troubles. However, I always, always, always, always, always know I've got people. Serious friend people. I will never be able to fully express my gratitude for such a solid rock faith. Thank you to everyone who makes up the rock on which I am able to stand. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment